Hot Tub and Swim Spa Maintenance Tips
- Test water and, if necessary, add shock
- Ensure proper water level is maintained
- Test pH and alkalinity; adjust accordingly
- Top up chemical dispenser
- Add sequesterant (stain and scale controller)
- Remove and spray cartridge filter with garden hose and re-install (see section CARTRIDGE FILTER)
- Remove and clean skimmer basket (see section CLEANING THE SKIMMER BASKET)
- Add shock/oxidizing agent
- Inspect union connections for o-ring and gasket leaks; tighten if loose
- Clean stainless steel controls as indicated on page 29
Soak your filter cartridge in a filter cartridge cleaning solution. Rinse thoroughly and, if possible, allow to dry before re-installing. Hydropool recommends purchasing a second filter so that while the first is cleaning, the other is clean and ready to install.
Drain hot tub at least once per quarter and clean the acrylic shell surface with a non-abrasive cleaner designed specifically for acrylic surfaces. See sections Changing your hot tub wate and draining your hot tub.